The Staff Accountant II reports to the Manager, Corporate Accounting and is an integral part in the creation of accurate and timely financial statements, including month-end close. The Staff Accountant II provides management with financial information by researching and analyzing accounts. This key position investigates trend variances, participates in year-end audit assistance, and ensures compliance with SOX requirements.
Strong communication skills and professionalism is required to interact with various levels of management. This position must exercise independence in managing ad hoc projects while exercising good judgment about elevating questions or key issues to management for guidance.
General Accounting -
• Perform month-end closing processes including moderately complex journal entries, account research and reconciliations and other supporting schedules to meet assigned deadlines
Balance Sheet Reconciliation -
• Reconcile balance sheet accounts in compliance with SOX requirements that may require judgment on sub accounts
Accounting Support -
• Support, research and resolve financial inquiries from internal and external customers in a timely and accurate manner
• Provide consulting regarding SOX implications of routine process changes or accounting issues
• Support Senior Accountants by providing analysis of account balances as it pertains to accurate financial reporting
• Observe and explain variances
Audit, Compliance and Other Duties -
• Participate in year-end audit assistance, process improvement initiatives, staff training assistance, department meetings, and other ad-hoc projects and analysis.
• Adhere to compliance requirements for applicable regulations, internal controls and Corporate policies and procedures
• Train, advise and mentor new Staff Accountants as needed
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline Accounting; Master’s degree preferred
- 2 years related experience required with 3 years preferred in:
- Month-end close cycle
- Preparing and posting standard, non-standard and adjusting journal entries
- Preparing supporting schedules and account reconciliations on balance sheet and income statement line items
- Applying General knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) requirements and audit of public companies
- Advanced Excel skills, including Pivot Tables, V-Lookups, etc.
- CPA or CPA candidate is a plus