Accounting Supervisor / Senior Accountant
The Accounting Supervisor/Senior Accountant performs accounting and finance functions for several US based facilities. The position reports to the BU/Division Controller. The Accounting Supervisor/Senior Accountant will be responsible for planning, preparation and execution of monthly accounting close activities, including pre and post close support and mid-month accounting support. Ensure staff are deployed effectively to reach company objectives. Employ continuous improvement to enhance the efficiency and capability of the accounting team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the general ledger, accounting policies and procedures, and operational structure.
- Analyze department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Collaborate with the other finance department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Support internal and external reporting, audit and SOX requests as required.
- Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or relevant discipline required
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in an accounting or finance function, public accounting experience is a plus
- CPA preferred
- Proven knowledge of GAAP, practices, standards, laws, and regulations
- Experience in a management role and leading cross-functional teams to execute projects
- Advanced computer skills (MS Excel)
- SOX experience