· Receives all Check, ACH, and Wire Transfers either thru mail, e-mail, or on-line treasury management system daily.
· Processes received checks through the electronic check processing machine to post to Bank Deposits daily.
· Verify wire transfers and ACH from the customer via e-mail from the bank or customer showing what they are paying.
· Applies checks, ACH, and wire transfers to the correct customer account.
· Assign credit limits to new customer accounts.
· Reconcile short-pays detailing any information available as to reason for short-pay and submit to Controller for final approval for the credit.
· Review and correspond with customers regarding short pay, promotional pricing, and rebate as needed.
· Review report for orders on hold due to credit issues, evaluate days payment outstanding and previous credit or payment history; decide if order can be released for shipping.
· Contact customers to ensure timely payment of all receivables, aging balances, which may include:
o Discuss with customer why account has outstanding delinquencies.
o Negotiating with past due accounts requesting partial payment or setting up different terms to avoid sending the customer account to Collection Agency.
o Referring accounts to collection agencies after all other measures have failed as recommended by VP of Finance.
· Month End Close responsibilities include running aging trial balances, compare against the General Ledger Balance, investigate and correct any errors.
· 7+ years of progressive Accounts Receivable experience.
· Understands the full depth of complex accounts receivable financial transactions and accounting concepts, as well as application of company policies impacting customer accounts.
· Strong customer focus with ability to build and maintain positive relationships with internal and external customers.
· SAP experience preferred.
· Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work independently in a dynamic environment; self-starter who knows and understands work requirements and proceeds with minimal supervision.