We are currently recruiting for a unique opportunity in Upstate South Carolina. We are targeting a candidate with 3-5 years of administrative experience to support the Research and Development Department of a global organization. This opportunity will involve support to the management team as well as the department including data entry, document distribution, copying, scanning, faxing, mailing, filing, calendar maintenance, travel arrangements and other duties as assigned.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Clerical/Administrative assistance
- Draft and type correspondence, memos and reports
- Generate Power Point presentations for meetings
- Order research papers as requested and maintain the Excel database for the listings and files for research papers
- Update and create spreadsheets as requested
- Coordinate and process requests for information, literature and/or products as requested
- Set up and maintain electronic and paper filing systems
- Sort and distribute mail
- Covers switchboard for lunch
- Organize and prioritize information and calls
- Schedule and organize meetings
- Coordinate meeting invitations and presentation information
- Schedule facility reservations (both internal and/or external)
- Order and set-up breakfast and/or lunch
- Coordinate and schedule travel arrangement
- Coordinate airline reservations and confirm within 24 hours of request
- Coordinate hotel accommodations and confirm within 24 hours of request
- Schedule car service, if needed, within 24 hours of request and confirm pick-up time 24 hours prior travel date
- Perform other assigned duties as may be required in meeting company objectives
- Communicate effectively with other departments within the organization and function within a team environment.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant executive administrative/clerical experience.
- Must be computer literate with working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with STRONG attention to organization and detail required.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, establish priorities and meet required deadlines and demands.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations with ability to continually demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy a MUST.
Education and Experience:
- Must have 3 years of recent experience as an administrative assistant in a corporate environment
- Must be able to pass a MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint evaluation
- College degree strongly preferred