Location : Monroe, NC
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : TGJ_AE
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3+
Required Education : Bachelors Degree in Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
The Application Engineer will be responsible for product selection, proposal preparation, sales support, and contract management of, parts, and services.
- Provide data analysis contributing to Daily Management KPI’s, enabling problem identification and resolution insuring the highest level of Technical Sales support to our customers.
- Serves as primary contact for customers and Field Sales Staff.
- Timely and accurate proposal generation and submission to customers.
- Prepare and submits Engineer-To-Order (ETO) documents, supports and submits customer Vendor Document List (VDL) or project/order documentation.
- Ongoing continuous improvement activities including data analysis support and assistance with root-cause, and countermeasure action for metric misses.
- Key technical liaison between Field Sales, Engineering, and Operations.
- Reviews project specifications and/or customer documents and determines the extent of technical and commercial compliance.
- Makes technical selections using internal selection software and where not possible, interacts with key inside technical resources to determine solution to satisfy specification.
- Interfaces with vendors for selection of peripheral equipment for system integration.
- Enables resolution of customer issues by interfacing with key team members to support customer needs.
- Prepares detailed technical/commercial proposal for presentation to customer.
- Provides and/or participates in technical training or sales assistance for domestic and/or international locations.
- Key interface with customer for technical and informational submissions.
Required Qualifications :
- 3 plus years of manufacturing experience
- Engineering degree is required
- Experience dealing with gears and pumps
- Strong communication skills and ability to be focused on customer oriented activities.
- Lean or Six Sigma business systems experience, preferably green belt certification.
- Experience with technical documents; engineering, or quality; and knowledge of ERP systems (SAP, IFS, JD Edwards, Oracle).