Location : Rock Hill, SC
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : TAG
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 7 yrs
Required Education : BS Degree
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Other
Job Description :
Provide support for the production team and test lab on technical issues for commercial products, help with the scale-up of new products, and provide application support to customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Resolve technical issues in production; includes troubleshooting process to ensure products can be made in spec on a consistent basis.
- Work closely with production group and quality staff to identify products that are more difficult to make on a consistent basis, or consistently run at one end of the spec range; work with necessary groups to adjust formula or process to improve manufacturability and attain first run capability.
- Assist in the scale-up of new products; including running lab batches, holding pre-run meetings with toll customers to gain their experience,
- Document process, providing written procedures, identification and qualification of new raw materials, verification of specs, and being present in production during at least the first three batches.
- Develop new products for customers and new potential market opportunities in coordination with other facilities across the country.
- In coordination with Technical Manager, provide technical support to sales personnel or customers on company products.
- Provide input, and help to develop product data sheets, sell sheets, product literature used to support company products.
Required Qualifications :
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in polymerization facility, polymer development, polymer applications support or related field.
- BS degree in science field, Chemical Engineering, or Chemistry preferred.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize job duties.
- Proficiency with PC, with Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher and Outlook