The Assistant Controller provides day-to-day operational oversight of the accounting function. This position prepares and monitors financial performance and oversees the monthly close process effectively and efficiently. The Assistant Controller analyzes and interprets financial data to provide information on financial performance. This position supervises the Accounting team and their performance and development.
- Assist in managing general accounting and revenue accounting processes and ensuring all timelines are met
- Assist in preparing, reviewing, and ensuring integrity of financial statements
- Overseeing proper reconciliation of all G/L accounts and month-end and fiscal ending closing process
- Reconciling all revenue sources
- Confirming proper treatment and compliance of all accounting transactions under US GAAP standards
- Assist in implementing and monitoring various corporate accounting policies, procedures and controls
- Responsible for timely reporting and compliance of financial information
- Coordinating and working closely with internal and external auditors to achieve successful audits
- Providing leadership and training in various aspects of accounting
- Assist in preparing financial reports summarizing results of operations
- Managing the general ledger, close and monthly reconciliation processes.
- Assist in developing and maintaining policies and procedures manual.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements for internal and regulatory needs.
- Ensuring the company meets its financial reporting obligations in accordance with GAAP
- Leading, managing, and motivating staff
- Manage cash disbursements and accounts payable, bank/hedging transactions
- Establish and maintain inventory accuracy discipline
- Performing other duties and completing special projects as assigned
- Reviewing and advising on internal controls and developing efficiencies
- Assist in the preparation and timely filing of all required tax returns and other statutory filings.
- Support Executive's team reporting requirements and requests as part of Finance decision support
- Assist in creation and implementation of short and long range departmental objectives, policies, and operating procedures
- Assist with maintaining Finance organizational structure and staffing to effectively accomplish the department's objectives to support functional environment
- Continuously improve the accounting function, including development of staff by providing effective coaching and feedback as well as appropriate delegation to staff members; assist with administering annual reviews
- BS Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Active CPA license or CPA exams in process is preferred
- 4-10 years of accounting and finance experience with expanding responsibilities, including supervisory and management experience, with strong knowledge of GAAP
- Demonstrable expertise with Excel and presentation software tools is important;
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written);
- Strong analytical and PC skills;
- Ability to operate effectively at all levels within the organization to accomplish work tasks;
- Self-starter as well as a willingness and ability to roll-up sleeves and be “hands-on";
- Excellent organization and project management skills;
- Demonstrated excellence in managing multiple projects at same time