Location : Charlotte, NC
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : TGJ_AE
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5+
Required Education : 2 or 4 year Technical Degree
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
The Automation Engineer will be responsible for the design and development of controls systems for high speed automation equipment.
- Design and program machine control systems using PLC/HMI solutions (Allen Bradley, Siemens, Beckhoff, etc).
- Develop and modify electrical schematics using AutoCad or AutoCad Electrical.
- Simulate, test, and debug machine control systems in house
- Install and startup systems in house and at end user facilities
- Create unique customer focused solutions and programs
- Provide continuing system technical support over the phone or on-site
- Coordinate with customers, vendors, and colleagues to solve automation challenges
- Travel onsite to customer locations to implement, maintain, and upgrade software/hardware
- Maintain project timelines and budgets
- Produce design documents and specifications
- Size and select equipment including servos, power supplies, sensors, switches, motors, and other control devices for machines
Required Qualifications :
- 2 or 4 year Technical Degree
- 5+ years experience in a manufacturing environment; industrial automation or packaging experience preferred.
- High level of proficiency with PLC Programming.
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills.
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills
- Ability to travel 20%-40%