Bilingual Leave of Absence Customer Service Representative
Call center role within large company, assisting internal employees with Leave of Absence issues, including Short Term Disability (STD), Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA), Family Medical Leave (FMLA), and American Disability Act (ADA).
- $14.50 per hour
- Candidates with more LOA experience can make up to $16.00 an hour
- Monday through Friday: 9am - 6pm
- Must be able to work 9am-6pm
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist internal employees in the administration of their Short Term Disability (STD), Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA), Family Medical Leave (FMLA), and American Disability Act (ADA).
- Manage calls regarding leave of absence in a timely manner.
- Research and resolve discrepancies between associates and leave request.
- Maintain leave of absence documentation, files and data.
- Compiles employee data and submits information regarding any state leave.
- Monitors and tracks leave of absences and follows up on required paperwork such as medical certification, request for extended leave, and other required information.
- Works with Unit Managers, Human Resources, and Benefit Team keeping them informed of any employee’s leave of absence.
Qualifications and Skills
- High School Diploma or G.E.D
- Bilingual - Fluent English/Spanish ( spoken and written )
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Must have customer service experience.
- Must have Microsoft Office experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are MUST- Candidates must be able to communicate in English and Spanish over the phone and in email.
- Must be committed to working a 9-6pm Shift
- 3+ years of experience administering leave of absence.
- Working knowledge of state and federal regulatory requirements related to leave of absence, including Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and any state regulations.
- Must have FMLA experience.
- Experience with STD, COBRA, ADA.
- Experience with Source 500 a plus.