Business Unit Controller
SUMMARY: We are partnering with a large manufacturing client that has their corporate HQ in Charlotte, NC. This role will be over one of their divisions and with the HQ here in Charlotte there will be plenty of opportunities to step up and lead.
- Broad-based financial leadership role with a wide range of responsibilities including support of all division facilities, inventory control processes and cost accounting procedures, monthly accounting and reporting, financial analysis, technical accounting issues, and internal controls
- Establish and maintain comprehensive internal controls compliance program, including design, implementation, testing, and assessment that will meet SOX 404 requirements
- Lead continuous improvement in the areas of accounting operations and financial reporting processes/systems
- Maintain local ERP ledgers for domestic and international operations and reconcile to Hyperion financial statements
- Enhance inventory control processes and cost accounting procedures to ensure accurate valuation of inventory on financial statements
- Direct periodic cycle count and physical inventory processes
- Manage fixed asset ledger, including timely reporting of assets acquired, disposed and transferred between facilities
- Interface with Financial Planning and Analysis team to assist in providing analysis to management on monthly financial results, including the integration of both financial and operational metrics to ensure the accuracy of plant financial reporting
- Develop strong relationships with internal stakeholders and external audit teams to ensure effective utilization of resources
- Key contributor to the annual budget process, including balance sheet planning
- Assist and manage tax compliance process (sales/use tax and personal/property taxes)
- Liaise with IT function to assure proper IT controls for processes managed by the position
- Directly manage annual external audit for the business unit
- Assist in integration activities related to key areas of responsibility
- Responsible for the management and career development of accounting department staff
- Assist in the implementing and maintaining of multiple corporate initiatives with direct exposure and reporting to senior management
- Latitude to suggest and implement improvements in the accounting and finance areas
- 4 year degree in Accounting or Finance
- Certified Public Accountant, preferred
- A minimum of 10-15 years of solid experience in accounting management or senior management for a manufacturing company, or management experience with a public accounting firm.
- Well rounded experience in Corporate Accounting including a deep understanding of Financial Reporting (US GAAP), Capital, Corporate Tax & Audit.
- Excellent judgment and decision-making ability.
- Ability to successfully work to reach company goals in an environment in which a wide degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Ability to effectively set and communicate expectations & directives to staff.
- Results driven, analytical, self-motivated and detail oriented with the ability to logically identify solutions or approaches to complex problems.