Business Unit Controller
Our client is a growing Multi-Billion Dollar Manufacturing HQ in South Charlotte. Due to recent acquisitions, they are adding a Business Unit Controller to provide financial leadership to the manufacturing and distribution facilities. The position will be responsible for the direction, review, and consolidation of their group of manufacturing and distribution facilities and will act as a liaison between the facilities and the North America Division Finance and VP Operations. The position reports to the North America Division CFO. The Business Unit Controller will be responsible for maintaining a control environment that complies with the Company’s internal control policies and Sarbanes-Oxley. The Business Unit Controller is expected to be a dynamic leader for the Operations and Finance leadership team by contributing to all areas of plant management and division expectations. The Business Unit Controller will also be the key finance lead for any integration merger and acquisition activity within the business unit.
- Ensures that there is an effective and efficient system of internal controls including: data integrity, asset protection, segregation of duties, budgeting, financial reporting, information systems and adherence to corporate policies (GAAP, SOX compliance, etc.).
- Finance lead for integration projects with the business unit to ensure financials are reported accurately, synergies are reported, policies and internal controls are integrated.
- Perform strategic analysis on product lines, customers, and manufacturing and distribution footprint.
- Responsible the financial planning, budgeting and forecasting processes for the group of facilities which consists of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts and plans.
- Provides in-depth analysis on variances to plan and forecast, effectively communicates results to management for all facilities.
- Coordinates evaluation of capital projects and approval process.
- Leads / supports actions to achieve productivity targets and business plans, including development of contingency plans, improvement initiatives and corrective actions
- Performs and monitors the plants’ monthly closing process in conjunction with the central accounting functions
- Leadership of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll and Inventory Control
- Work with plant sites to develop and report on key performance metrics, including providing education / training as necessary
- Coordination and oversight of physical inventories and audits with plant sites.
- Create an environment where talent is developed through effective performance management
- Communicate results, risks, and business concerns to the North America Division Finance team and VP Operations.
- Perform ad hoc analysis as assigned and work with VP Operations and plant sites.
- Travel offsite to meet with North America Division team and other plant team members at manufacturing and distribution sites.
- Perform any other tasks as required
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or relevant discipline required.
- MBA, CMA and / or CPA preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a finance function, experience in a controller position and / or manufacturing or distribution location strongly preferred
- Strong financial acumen with demonstrated analytical ability accompanied by knowledge of corporate finance and manufacturing and distribution costing principles. Understands P&L, balance sheet and cash flow dynamics.
- Past experience with bill of materials, inventory valuation, standard costing and ERP/MRP systems strongly preferred.