Summary: Utilize system tools and facility communications to review and evaluate raw material demands and inventories. Issue required purchase orders to approved suppliers, track and report on deliveries. Optimize material availability, inventory investment, and Procure to Pay cost.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure all materials are available for forecasted and/or confirmed customer order fulfillment according to facility needs.
- Optimize inventory investment at local and level for assigned scope.
- Manage improvement in supplier delivery and lead time performance. Manage exception-based supplier improvement plans.
- Communicate with production facilities regularly to insure material availability.
- Provide timely accurate analysis of raw material inventories, demands and requirements.
- Issue purchase orders timely and accurately and provide follow up and communication as directed.
- Identify opportunities to utilize alternate procurement methods.
- Participate in design and enhancement of MRP capabilities
- Identify and implement process changes to reduce Procure to Pay cycle.
- Identify improvements to partner function processes
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
Lean Supply Chain basic tools (Root-cause analysis, Problem Solving, etc.)
Process improvement focus
Data mining and analysis
Tactical supplier management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree (B.A., B.S.) from college or university;