The chemical operator prepares and monitors batches and is responsible for packaging product and performing related chemical manufacturing duties. Participates in plant safety activities and ensures compliance with quality and safety standards.
- Prior manufacturing experience preferred, but not required.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Ability to understand written and oral instructions and to perform basic math operations pertinent to the job.
- Ability to work a rotating shift.
- Ability and willingness to be cross-trained in multiple manufacturing departments.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs and to stand for the majority of the shift.
- Basic PC knowledge, familiarity with MS Office or similar tools desired.
- Ability to speak and write independently in order to complete required paperwork and interact with team.
- Focus on safety and process improvement.
- General math skills
- Basic mechanical skills
- Good reading skills
- Work with fellow Chemical Operators to manufacture a wide variety of silicone based products using various types of mixing equipment.
- Monitor mixing equipment to ensure proper operation.
- Through a personal commitment, ensure manufacturing of product is conducted in a safe and environmentally sound manner.
- Produce quality batches following the batch instructions
- Recognize existing or oncoming equipment problems
- Operate all manufacturing mixers and equipment
- Confirm weights of raw materials and finished goods
- Make equipment clean-outs utilizing tools, cleaning solvent, while following all safety procedures