Location : Huntersville, NC
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : ML
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Manufacturing
Job Description :
North American manufacturer of precision machined parts with over 25 year history in the Charlotte area has an need for a CNC Programmer.
- Create/draw accurate flat sheet metal parts from customer files, samples or sketches.
- Create/maintain accurate tooling library
- Program/nest for laser, waterjet, or punch.
- Nest parts for best material yield (e.g. combine orders), with the goal of eliminating waste and utilizing the best cutting practices for each machine.
- Work with mechanics and supervisor to determine best part development using our proper tooling and methods .
- Read and analyze CAD files and prints to determine best method of fabrication and ensure manufacturability.
- Create accurate forming prints for shop
- Create and translate layout cutting into computer program (CAM) for CNC machine.
- Program orders for optimal machine usage. Maintain at least a two day buffer between programming of machines and usage of machines in production work.
- Work with software vendors on troubleshooting and updates.
- Knowledge of OSHA safety regulations and ability to follow them.
Required Qualifications :
Experience & Qualifications:
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience
- 5-10 years related industry experience (CNC - CAD programming, sheet
- metal flat development)
- OSHA safety training.
- Ability to read and understand manufacturing planning, engineering blueprints, and
- Must be able to use mathematics, including geometry and trigonometry, relevant to job functions, such as decimals, percentages, and fractions.