Continuous Improvement Engineer
- Innovative products with significant market share and interest in both the industrial and consumer segments
- Global leader with investments in eight countries on four continents
- Culture is an employee-oriented, high performance, innovating organization, emphasizing empowerment, quality, productivity, and high integrity standards
Continuous Improvement Summary:
The Continuous Improvement Engineer will work with cross-functional teams to analyze performance data to identify improvement opportunities. Ensure that continuous improvement projects are implemented to improve overall quality, productivity and safety performance throughout the business unit. Assist with facilitation of Operational Excellence Kaizen events. Trains and coaches plant personnel on the use of continuous improvement methodologies. Lead 5-S Audits-perform with each team, and follow-up to ensure the long-term success of Lean activities.
What you’ll do:
- Implement operational excellence & continuous improvement throughout the organization using Lean and Six Sigma principles.
- Influence and partners with plant personal on improvement opportunities.
- Kaizen facilitator of lean practices and principles.
- Troubleshoot manufacturing, quality and assembly issues using data analysis.
- Provide assistance to manufacturing plant to achieve maximum performance.
- Define, refine and improve existing processes including: manufacturing processes/procedures, new process development, creation of process documentation, product design for manufacturability and assembly, capacity, efficiency and floor design, production processing, and problem solving.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications for the job:
- Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Techniques (Value Stream Mapping, One Piece Flow, Setup Reduction, Visual Controls etc.)
- Four-year degree from an accredited college or university.
- Green/Black Belt Six Sigma certification beneficial.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
- 5 plus years’ experience in high-volume metal assembly required
- Hands-on engineer who doesn’t mind wearing many hats
- ISO 9001 knowledge