A global manufacturer/distributor is looking to hire a talented individual to be the Controller for the US Operations. The company is a world leader in the production of engineered products. The company is experiencing growth in their business due to a product line offering that is getting great traction across multiple industries. The role will be responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely monthly and year end close process. This role will have great exposure to upper level management and be given a seat at the table in running the business. They anticipate making acquisitions in the coming years.
- Responsible for producing the financial statements and projections provided to the management team
- Produce dashboard and benchmark reports measuring the financial and operating performance of the company
- Responsible for the monthly, quarterly and annual forecasting by identifying trends and making recommendations
- Assist in producing annual budgets for the company; monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget; produce variance reports
- Overall coordination of the subsidiary’s financing activities. Assistance to subsidiary management in securing financial facilities and negotiation of interest rates. Relations with financial institutions and the group’s internal financing sources as regards new projects and investments.
- Management of the Subsidiary’s development of Computer Systems in close consultation with the Group’s Systems Manager. Evaluation of decisions on acquisition of new software and hardware. Enforcement of computer security and safety standards, procedures and policies. Accountability for improvements in systems efficiency, quality and speed.
- Tax planning and coordination with external tax consultants. Interface with External Auditors.
- Preparation of Monthly, Quarterly and Annual reporting forms for HQ consolidation and management control. Additional reporting and analysis on demand when required by Corporate needs.
- Maintain fixed asset ledger for company by properly accounting for new additions and disposals
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate internal controls are in place to safe guard company assets
- Manage organizational cash flow forecasting by working in partnership with management to collaborate on the financial effectiveness of operations
- Responsible for ensuring policy and procedures are current, up-to-date and adhered to while making recommended process improvements
- Preparation and review of account reconciliations; research and resolve account variances timely
- Oversee and maintain monthly accruals with proper documentation
- Ensure payroll processing, cash receipts, and cash disbursements are timely and have proper levels of controls in place
- Manage the procurement process for the company; ensure the highest levels of quality, efficiency, and service; maintain vendor relations
- Maintain accurate inventory records by performing reconciliations, physical inventory and cycle counts
- 4 year degree in Accounting
- At least 8 years of experience in related role
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Highly motivated individual with strong organizational skills
- Problem Solver work works well in fast paced, team oriented
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience with manufacturing/distribution