We are working with a growing manufacturer that is hiring their next Controller as the incumbent is retiring. The company has a track record of stability and is looking for their next long term leader. This position will be a key member of the management team that will provide analysis and recommendations to the President. The Controller will manage a team and lead the day-to-day activities of the accounting department.
- Responsibility for A/R, A/P and payroll functions, as well as recording of transactions and adjusting entries
- Management of accounting staff
- Maintaining the books for multiple separate entities within the business and facilitating the intercompany transactions associated with them
- Management of all aspects of the accounting function of the organization to ensure credibility by providing timely and accurate financial reporting, account analysis, and account reconciliations and other management reports on a timely basis.
- Cash management and communications with customers.
- Assist in the coordination and management of employee benefit plans and workers’ compensation.
- Maintain strong relationships with division Vice Presidents, Managers and external accounting firm
- Maintain a system of internal control policies and procedures to ensure the compliance with GAAP
- Work with the external tax firm to ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws and rules for tax reporting
- Safeguarding of corporate assets and ensure that systems accurately capture all financial data
- 4 year degree in Accounting or Finance
- 7+ years overall hands-on accounting and supervisory experience in a privately held company
- Manufacturing experience preferred
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills along with ability to effectively communicate with all levels in the organization
- Strong analytical, decision making and problem solving skills
- Results oriented, high level of personal integrity and dependability and a strong sense of urgency