Location : Hickory, NC
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : TGJ_CE
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 2+
Required Education : Bachelors in Electrical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
One of the areas largest manufacturing organizations is seeking a talented Controls Engineer to join their growing R&D team.
The Controls Engineer with collaborate with cross-functional teams to analyze customer requirements, process requirements, and equipment designs to create controls systems for automated manufacturing equipment.
- Work with global engineering teams to develop controls systems design for manufacturing equipment.
- Develop custom code from scratch for HMI and PC based applications.
- Implement network connectivity and permissions to ensure equipment will be fully functional.
- Troubleshoot, de-bug, and modify programming of existing equipment to optimize performance.
- Work in an R&D/Lab setting to create test plans and document the performance of prototype equipment.
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 2 years post graduate experience developing Controls Systems for manufacturing organizations.
- Experience developing controls systems from scratch.
- Experience developing PC based applications using C++, Java, Python, etc.
- Experience with LabView and SCADA systems is a plus.
- Strong mechanical aptitude is highly desirable.
- Must have the ability to travel both domestically and internationally.