Corporate Merchandise Assistant
Job Type : Temp/Contract to Direct
Reference Code : CHM
Compensation : 18.00 USD/HOUR
Start Date : 11/13/2017
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 0-2 years
Required Education : 4 year degree preferred
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Retail
Job Description :
The Merchandise Assistant will support the Brand Manager in conceptualizing, designing and managing development of private brand labels.
- Assist Brand Manager in developing all presentation materials/boards for concept, color and trend through development to finalization of lines based on emerging style and color trends
- Assist design in sending out, tracking and organizing pre-season R&D submits for trim and fabric.
- Manage key milestone meeting invites to cross functional teams.
- Set up and manage style record; accountable for the integrity and accuracy of all data input for area of responsibility
- Assist in development hand off to cross functional team (technical design, overseas agent) by tagging samples with style number and sending to overseas agent during development and post line finalization.
- Communicate with cross functional team on follow up from all development (buying, sourcing, design, technical design, and agent)
- Track sample/proto request for line review
- Organize and manage proto sample room
- Collaborate with buying team to organize and distribute weekly selling reports (Corporate, Dept and style level selling)
- Assist in the management of the time and action calendar to ensure all development milestones are met.
- Track new packaging, label and hang tag requests
- Special projects and other duties as assigned by manager or required business needs.
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s degree required; All majors accepted (Fashion Merchandising or Apparel and Textiles Degree preferred)
- Ability to build strong relationships with varied teams (e.g. brand, sourcing, agent)
- Intermediate proficiency using Microsoft office (Excel, Outlook) and computer navigational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels (written and verbal)
- Flexible; capable of shifting to different projects as priorities change
- Detail-oriented; must possess organizational and prioritization skills
- Ability to see and distinguish colors.