Credit and Collections Manager
Location : Charlotte, NC
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : Kayce Moore
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Healthcare - Health Services
Job Description :
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple tasks/assignments and consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to read, integrate and summarize technical accounting standards.
- Proven leadership experience and ability to effectively manage and motivate a team.
- Recommend changes in the credit policy to senior management.
- Personally investigate the largest customer credit applications.
- Develop and standardize written policy documentation related to the credit and customer set up process.
- Plan and organize activities of credit/customer set up team to ensure file reviews are completed timely and accurately.
- Manage relationships with credit reporting agencies.
- Manage relationships with collection agencies.
- Manage relationships with credit insurance providers.
- Interface with Commercial Team and the Deal Review process to communicate credit decisions and ensure timely review of new customers.
- Make credit decisions within assigned authority.
- Initiate process improvement and quality reviews to simplify and improve productivity.
- Negotiate documentation and payment terms with customers to ensure transactions are properly secured
- Resolve credit issues with customers
- Develop management reporting to CFO, Dept. VP, and Director of Credit and Collections.
- Performing various other duties as assigned by management.
- Maintain client confidentiality in accordance with all state and federal regulatory standards.
- Work with all Managers and staff to ensure company standards are followed consistently and accurately in all locations.
Required Qualifications :
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Credit and Collections
- Have a thorough knowledge of credit-related laws for a national company
- Have considerable experience with negotiations
- Advanced experience with MS Excel Spreadsheets
- Strong problem solving skills and independent analysis
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Solid self-motivated work ethic and ability to work well in team environment
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work extended hours based on business needs, including weekend hours.
- Ability to travel to attend business meetings, meet with outside agencies and customers.