Location : Charlotte, NC
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : TGJ_DE
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3+
Required Education : Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
One of Charlotte's largest manufacturing organizations is seeking an experienced Design Engineer to join their growing team.
- Design and develop new products related to components for commercial and industrial products.
- Optimize the design of existing products to meet or exceed customer's expectations.
- Perform analysis studies to test mechanical structures, thermal dynamics, and reliability.
- Work with manufacturers, both internal and external, to ensure products are manufactured/fabricated/assembled properly.
- Develop prototypes and testing procedures for products.
- Candidates must be comfortable working both at a desk doing 3D modeling, and working hands-on on the manufacturing floor.
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering required
- Must have a minimum of 3 years' post graduate experience designing in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience design industrial products is highly preferred.
- High level of proficiency in 3D CAD.
- Strong understanding of design for manufacturability principles and GD&T.
- Must be a US Citizen.