Director of Application Development / VP of Software Development
Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, the Director of Application Development will be responsible for ensuring that development of applications meet expectations for functionality, time, quality and cost targets. Managing a team of developers and quality analysts whose responsibilities will include technical design, development, testing, deployment, and on-going maintenance of current and next generation products.
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Leads and develops highly technical team, sometimes with multiple skill-sets and/or locations, supporting application system development, production support and testing.
- Strong technical knowledge within Web development on a Java platform
- This position requires endless passion for quality, innovation, leadership and problem solving.
- You will interface with levels of internal team at the highest levels to develop and implement technical strategy, insights and innovations
- Lead a team of experienced, talented professionals through a complicated and ever-changing work environment
- Bring innovative technologies to projects and engage our teams in concepts and strategies from the initial phases of project discovery to final delivery and handoff
- Inspire and lead great technological design while sharing ideas in a team-oriented environment on cutting-edge projects
- Will lead teams that performs development & testing and/or the relationships with vendors providing this service. Contributes to the development of testing strategy and plans.
What You’ll Need to be Successful:
- Bachelor's Degree (CIS, CS, IS programs desired)
- 10 years of experience in large Web based applications, ideally involving Web development and new technologies/innovation
- 5 years of experience in people management, coaching and technical mentoring
- Strong technical knowledge within Web development tools including the following: Java, J2EE, Oracle, MS-SQL and Web Services /SOAP /Rest
- Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Familiarity with design patterns and principles
- Strong understanding of agile development practices and experience with continuous delivery processes
- Experience with managing 3-4 direct reports with teams of 25-40 members in total