Director of Customer Service
Our client is a growing $4B+ Global HQ that is centralizing their operations in South Charlotte. This is a RARE opportunity to join the organization at this level. After 20+ years with the company, the current Director of Customer Service is seeking a replacement so she can prepare for retirement.
Summary: Responsible for fostering a Safety culture. Lead by example!! Directing, leading and managing customer service branch activities to support pre-order support, quotation and order placement, and post order acceptance (i.e. managing a positive customer experience from prior to the sale to the point of product acceptance upon delivery with an intense focus on delivering best in class practices).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Directs and oversees all aspects of the company's customer service policies, objectives and initiatives for influencing a positive customer experience while fulfilling departmental and company vision and missions.
- Decision making that balances policy and customer benefit.
- Develops or directs and interprets procedures governing all customer service. interactions (related to order support/placement and acceptance of our products).
- Builds strong cross-functional relationships within the Branches, and with Customer Care, Operations, Sales, Pricing Group, IT, Marketing, R&D and other functional counterparts within the division(s), area(s), region, and corporate arena.
- Interface with multi-level customer contacts to answer questions, resolve problems and recommend corrective actions where needed to rectify escalated situations.
- Analyze problematic situations and occurrences and provide solutions.
- Provides leadership for problem resolution.
- Responsible for standaization of all CS activities across all hubs.
- Leads and/or delegates projects that will improve the customer experience.
- Meet all goals and objectives utilizing SQDCI tools.
- Ensures compliance with internal and external service level standards/commitments related to customer service function. Strong advocate for the customer. Keeping work quality at a world-class level, waste to a minimum, and promoting a safe and harmonious work environment.
- Build and lead a team of customer success professionals that staff our centers and lead succession planning efforts (performance to potential).
- Promotes, supports and drives a dynamic teamwork environment.
- Ensures Managers achieve high quality standards consistently analyzing quality .
- Provides analysis from system reporting to upper management
- Prepares budget for department.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A., B.S.) from four-year college or university
- 10+ years of professional related experience and/or training, preferably including management experience in a call center environment
- Solid manufacturing industry experience preferred