Director of Project Management - Construction
Manage multiple construction projects from Project inception to Completion throughout all investment phases as outlines by the contract. In the performance of this function, the Projects Director is responsible for the Technical side of our Client relationships, Operational communication and Vendor Management. This position will have ownership of Project budgets, Project Timelines, Scopes of work and all schedule from Contract to Execution of each project.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Direct all projects; ranging from limited budget renovations to rezoned horizontal and vertical developments
- Oversee and manage all assigned and contracted project managers, design and engineering teams, general contractors and vendors for the region.
- Serve as the contract agent
- Vested corporate responsibilities relating to overall sector financial performance including business development, sales success, annual budgeting, marketing and client satisfaction.
- Travel to project sites will required on a regular basis as dictated by project phasing
- Competency to produce annual business budgets and cash flow projections pertaining to project in their region
- Produce detailed estimate of entire scope of assigned trades, building system, and/or overall project cost from concept to construction documentation phase.
- Produce high level project timelines for each project and drive the timely start and completion of each project phase.
- Implement and drive continues compliance of business systems relating to overall productivity and work flow
- Annual performance reviews with all Consultants, Vendors, and Contractors used during Financial year
- Facilitate project exploration and programming while projects are in discovery phase
- Own design and build responsibilities during RFP or Re-Bid Responses including estimates, creative input, facility programming, scope of work and timelines.
- Facilitate and Manage all technical meeting with clients’ facilities teams
- Preparing and assembling bids and proposals for different contract types (basic BOQ’s, lump sum, GMP, Cost Plus, etc.)
- Analyzing existing site conditions and all contract documents (plans, specifications, etc.) to determine any required scope that is not indicated
- Receive, verify and approve invoices against original scope of the project
- Manage close out process of all projects (final costs)
- Bachelor's degree plus a minimum of 10 years' construction experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Experience overseeing multiple project scopes at different stages
- Experience managing a department budget, schedules, and vendors
- Proven written and verbal communication abilities; proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Office suite, AutoCAD Viewer, Timberline, Merlin or MSP Scheduling software.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule.
- Possess strong technical background required
- Travel will require overnight stays – depending on project needs