Location : Gastonia, NC
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : Mike Lewandowski
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 7+
Required Education : 4 Year Technical Degree
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
A high-volume manufacturing plant in the Charlotte, NC area has an immediate need for an engineering manager.
Summary: Effectively lead engineering department to help develop engineered solutions that support operational success.
- Responsible for all manufacturing and support activities, ensuring that program deadlines, budgets, and quality objectives will be achieved
- Oversee the development of the engineering department which is focused on equipment, manufacturing process and tooling improvements.
- Champion, lead, participate, and review a variety of capital project requests and drive timely implementation for approved projects.
- Facilitate LEAN and continuous improvement activities
- Identify customer requirements and align them them to the plants capabilities
- Effectively communicate with customers
Required Qualifications :
- 10 + years experience in high-volume manufacturing
- 3+ years of engineering or manufacturing management experience
- Lean Mfg, ISO, Six Sigma, Kaizan
- Quality planning tools including PFMEA's, APQP, etc.
- Machine/ Tool Manufacturing experience
- Experience working with automation systems & robotics
- Technical 4 year degree required