Electrical Engineer / Controls Specialist
Our client, a leading manufacturer of custom machinery, is seeking a talented controls specialist to join their growing organization. Duties of this position will include electrical engineering, programming, technical support, servicing warranty issues, and providing training to end users.
- Design and programming of new equipment electrical controls insuring that all electrical and mechanical systems are properly integrated and software is performing to meet customer's standards.
- Provide application support to meet customer expectations.
- Address customers issues and determine action items and best methods for response.
- Prepare service reports and maintain detailed documentation in order to insure inventory control and proper invoicing.
- Perform other and related duties as assigned, directed or within the scope of overall responsibilities
- Advanced electrical, mechanical and pneumatic skills
- 5+ years experience in machine startup and troubleshooting
- Must have the ability to program PLC controls. ie: Siemens S7 Series and/or Allen Bradley Control Logix Series
- Electrical engineering AutoCAD experience is preferred
- Ability to thrive in fast paced high pressure situations
- Must have the ability to create and interpret blue prints, and schematics
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical and software issues
- Must be open to infrequent travel