Financial Analyst - Business Operations
This role is responsible for manufacturing financial results, providing cost/opportunity analysis and financial support on current and future financial profit improvement programs and projects. Proactively identify and bring to the attention of the leadership team opportunities to improve the financial performance of the business. This position will be based out of our headquarters in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities:
- Prepare analysis of manufacturing productivity/cost/financial performance.
- Prepare and/or ensure the integrity of monthly close process, cost review package, Key
- Performance Indicators and statistics for manufacturing.
- Update files and templates used by internal and external (outside plant) customers.
- Prepare/update periodic financial, operational forecasts and provide variance analysis.
- Prepare various cost/opportunity analysis.
- Monitor and validate financial information contained in various consolidated systems used to support the manufacturing businesses.
- Participate in cross-functional business improvement initiatives.
- Monitor and maintain internal controls for Operations. Conduct periodic audits of internal control processes and recommend corrective actions.
- Lead the planning process for assigned Manufacturing Operations and promote accountability to achieve plan results.
- Interface with Business and Sales
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related Business field.
- At least 3 years of experience in a financial or cost analysis role in manufacturing.
- CPA / CMA / MBA or advanced degree is a plus
- Clearly understand integrated financial systems/ERP's and the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint)
- Travel 25%
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Proven analytical and financial skills, demonstrated strong economic thinking
- Excellent business partnership skills
- Must be flexible in a dynamic environment and have the ability to change priorities
- Willing to lead change, improve processes, and solve problems