Financial Analyst - Manufacturing
The company is $100M private equity owned manufacturer with 9 facilities across North America.The Financial Analyst will be responsible for working with the sales team and plant managers in analyzing sales/financial data, providing recommendations to improve profitability, organizing and automating all KPI data relating to operational and financial analysis for the sales organization. The role involves significant interaction with the manufacturing facilities in developing and providing timely and accurate reporting to senior management.
- Provide accurate and timely analysis and interpretation to ensure accurate and actionable plant business decisions.
- Coordinate with site finance for manufacturing variances, costing, general ledger accounting, performance metrics, inventory valuation and analysis. Deliver monthly financial results to supply chain management and division finance.
- Evaluate business controls applied to the sites impacting manufacturing and inventory. Work with local management to implement and improve controls as needed.
- Safeguard all company assets; participate in reviewing asset inventory and utilization.
- Support the financial review of local site capital projects, to include working with the company Capital system, approvals and make good analysis.
- Provide facility finance support including reviewing and delivering monthly financial results, identification of areas needing corrective action, tracking of committed cost savings, supporting corporate and regional projects as needed.
- Review manufacturing information; work with the business to understand weekly/monthly performance versus standards to enable improvement in performance.
- Analyze, understand and explain the reasons for movement in all manufacturing costs including month and year to date comparisons to budget and prior year.
- Support other Product Lines as requested.
- Responsibilities are not limited to the above requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree required (Accounting or Finance strongly preferred), advanced certifications preferred.
- 3 years relevant finance experience with a background in manufacturing.
- Must have ERP experience.
- Experience with BI and HFM are a plus.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.