Financial Business Partner
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : MRT
Hours : Full Time
Required Education : BS in Finance, Accounting, Econ or Business
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
FINANCIAL BUSINESS PARTNER
Our client is a multi-billion dollar global distribution organization looking to add to their growing FP&A team. This role will act as a financial business partner to multiple lines of business totaling $400M in Revenue. This person will be a high-potential Senior Financial Analyst on track to succeed the current Director of FP&A in the next 3-5 years.
- Gathers, analyzes, develops financial, economic and other data to provide and drive robust budgeting and planning processes and initiatives; facilitates short to midterm forecasting processes; provides clarity to the forecasts and the drivers of variances.
- Interprets complex financial information on costs, prices, expenses and revenues and makes recommendations to senior management; delivers meaningful pro-forma statements for assigned lines of businesses; builds and demonstrates proficient use of repeatable processes while ensuring deadlines are met.
- Challenges the status quo of current FP&A processes; presents thoughtful, analytically-driven models; confidently delivers accurate data key stakeholders.
- Develops tools for early identification of budget and forecast shortfalls and/or windfalls; articulates and delivers recommendations for courses of correction action.
- Develops key business partner relationships within the organizations and/or business unit they support; aligns and builds strong partnerships across functional areas of financial performance and promotes corporate communication and direction.
- Demonstrates a strong knowledge of the business they support; partners with stakeholders and articulates complex business rhythms and nuances to upper level management from which business decisions can be made.
- Monitor and report financial performance; analyze and interpret key operating results around employee productivity and/or project profitability.
- Assists Financial Services Center (accounting) during monthly close in ensuring accurate Journal entries from the field/ops as well as assisting with annual external audit requests.
- Completes ad hoc reporting to support multiple stakeholders in a cross-functional matrix environment, balancing their needs and perspectives to maximize the company’s interests.
- Leads complex financial analysis projects and participates in special projects as required.
- May coach, advise, or train less-experienced financial analysis associates.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications :
Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting coupled with 3-7 years of financial analysis experience.
Other relevant experience includes:
- FP&A experience within distribution and/or manufacturing industry preferred.
- Demonstration of excellent analytical, logical and forward-thinking competencies.
- Demonstration of strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Executive presence to interact with all levels within the organization.
- Strong planning, organizational and execution skills.
- Operates with a quality mindset with excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrates the ability to work in an agile environment and embrace change; can successfully multitask and conflicting priorities.