Financial Reporting & Technical Accounting Senior
Location : Charlotte, NC
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : Carrie Quinlan
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3+ years of experience
Required Education : BS Degree in Accounting or Finance
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Other
Job Description :
Our client is a growing HQ in the Charlotte Area. In preparation of an upcoming IPO, they are adding to their staff in several capacities including the financial reporting/technical accounting area. This is a GREAT opportunity to join this dynamic/fast-paced organization in a highly visible/technical expert capacity with numerous advancement opportunities beyond this role.
The individual will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Remain current and proactive on new accounting and reporting guidance affecting the company, informing management of potential impacts of accounting developments from standard setters as they emerge
- Provide guidance on and assist with keeping current on all internal financial policies
- Key contributor in the Company’s interpretation and implementation of new accounting standards, including the new accounting standards for revenue recognition and leases. The revenue recognition/lease standard projects will have direct exposure to the Company’s financial leaders.
- Research complex accounting transactions and prepare position papers on conclusions
- Work with business units to resolve accounting issues as they arise
- Assist in the review of quarterly earnings releases and support earnings release process
- Work with external auditors to address accounting issues and assist the review and audit of SEC filings and the annual report
- Drive ongoing process improvement
- The overall objective of this job is to monitor and ensure that the company’s financial statements, disclosures and policies are in accordance with GAAP, while proactively understanding the effect of future pronouncements on the business units and enterprise as a whole.
Required Qualifications :
- The candidate must have experience with SEC rules and U.S. GAAP.
- A CPA is mandatory.
- 3-5 years of experience with a Big 4 firm or similar role in a Fortune 1000 company in a Technical Accounting and/or SEC reporting capacity preferred.
- The position requires strong interpersonal communication skills, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.