Our client is a $2+ billion manufacturer with 70 locations and more than 4,800 people in 25 countries. We’re seeking a FP&A Analyst eager to join an established yet rapidly growing, industry-leading company with over 100 years of history. This organization has won numerous “best of” awards for innovation, and has been named one of the best places to work in Charlotte for the last 5 years.
This role is an additional headcount for the FP&A team to increase analytic and process support to the organization. It is a highly visible role with significant career growth opportunities. This position interacts extensively with other functions and thus requires an ability to build and sustain relationships while ensuring business partners are successful in their contributions to cross-functional processes.
- Develop and maintain value-add reporting and dashboards including mill, customer, and product profitability. Present results routinely and identify areas of risk and opportunity.
- Provide forecasting and planning oversight – working with cross-functional teams to validate inputs, drive for consensus, and analyze variances.
- Stay informed of macro trends that could impact forecasting and planning and use to improve justification and accuracy.
- Perform complex analytics and modeling that may include profitability optimization, scenario analysis, cap ex business cases, or product line innovation.
- Leverage IT to drive value across the organization (Oracle BI, Host Analytics, Tableau, etc.) - includes design documents, data management, testing, training, and maintenance.
- Compile quarterly BOD decks, leadership updates, and other presentations as needed.
- Provide analytical decision support for cross-functional teams including S&OP, purchasing, and product management.
- Assist with the annual long range strategic planning and OP&B compilation, reporting, and analysis.
The ideal candidate will have a thorough knowledge of financial concepts and possess strategic business acumen which can be leveraged to create value. The candidate should also have enthusiasm for leveraging IT to create tools that are user-friendly and value-added to benefit our expanding business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting required; MBA is preferred
- Strong record of achievement (GPA, promotions, awards/accolades)
- Prior experience in Corporate Finance, Investment Banking, Consulting or Private Equity
- Strong financial modeling skills including full financial statement output
- Analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Experience with business intelligence tools
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Keen attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Comfortable with multi-tasking and flexible when needed
- Sense of urgency and adherence to deadlines
- Performs well under pressure and maintains a positive outlook
- Results-oriented self-starter and team-player