HR Generalist - Employee Relations & Training Specialist
My client is a global materials manufacturer supporting the healthcare, automotive, household goods and construction industries. With over 50 years of success worldwide, my client is investing in a human resources leader to refine and enhance the employee training, compliance training and leadership development of their non-union plant. This person will also positively impact all employee relations activities. My client is looking for a charismatic, detailed HR professional with a passion for people!
This position works in support of plant management and has responsibility for providing plant employee relations support, recruiting, training and managing training planning and record keeping. The HR Generalist will coordinate and participate in recruiting and leading efforts to build and maintain relationships at colleges and local institutions, leading and coordinating the recruiting and selection process, conducting training and maintaining related training records. A successful candidate will be adaptable and able to work in a fast-paced environment. Being highly organized, attentive to details and having strong time management skills will be necessary in order to be effective in this role.
The HR Generalist must maintain and expand knowledge and understanding of existing and proposed federal and state laws/regulations affecting plant activities. As directed, may be asked to participate in the investigation and resolution of ongoing employee relations matters, anticipate problems and take preventive steps when possible, and develop and recommend steps for resolution in consultation with Corporate Human Resources. The incumbent looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Will also have to display willingness and ability to make sound decisions, exhibit sound and accurate judgment and manage responsibilities timely. Supporting plant initiatives, ISO and other quality audits, and motivating the team in various activities are also important roles.
· Seeking candidate having 3-5 years of human resources experience and general knowledge of the principles and practices of personnel and payroll administration
· Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business or related field preferred or equivalent experience of a minimum of 7 years.
· Familiarity with state and federal employment and labor laws and governmental compliance requirements
· Training experience desired
· Experience recruiting and interviewing
· Prior employee relations responsibility required
· Organized, attentive todetails
· Working knowledge of MS Office and experience with payroll and HRIS
· Excellent oral and written communication skills; prior training experience aplus
· Experience working in an international organization and/or in manufacturing a plus
· Must be able to travel as needed (up to 10% of the time).