Indirect Tax Manager
Location : Charlotte, NC
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : Carrie Quinlan
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5+ years of experience
Required Education : BS Degree in Accounting or Finance
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Manufacturing
Job Description :
Our client is a Multi-Billion Dollar Global Organization that is building out a North American Tax HQ in Charlotte. This is a unique opportunity to sit at the leadership table and help build out processes and procedures for the future growth of the company and department. The role reports to a VP of Tax that believes in Work/Life balance, team work, and collaboration.
- Manage the indirect tax return and exemption compliance function in accordance with best practices and principles to minimize risk and audit assessments for North America.
- Ensure all returns are filed and paid in a timely manner.
- Maintain complete and up-to-date Indirect Tax policies and procedures to optimize cross department and business efficiencies.
- Communicate changes and/or enhancements of policies and procedures in a timely manner to applicable personnel.
- Provide training sessions to applicable personnel on sales tax issues affecting day-to-day business operations to ensure proper processing and compliance to indirect tax practices.
- Ensure compliance with Indirect Tax policies and procedures by Global Business Services (GBS), Procurement, IT, AR/AP, Finance and other business units.
- Manage tax registrations for all North American legal entities, including review of compliance where established nexus exists.
- Perform research and planning based on state and local tax laws to determine the taxability of products and services as well as update tax decision matrixes for North America sales and purchase.
- Act as a resource for international indirect tax issues, including, GST, HST and VAT related to import and export of goods and services with foreign affiliates and third parties.
- Reconcile all indirect tax general ledger accounts on a monthly basis.
- Manage the tax controversy process for state and local tax audits, including review and resolution of state tax notices.
- Coordinate integration of newly acquired businesses into indirect tax processes, as required.
- All other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s degree required; accounting or finance preferred. Master’s degree preferred.
- CPA designation preferred
- Minimum six to ten (5 – 10) years of indirect tax experience, preferred.