International Tax Manager
The International Tax Manager (“Manager”) position is a full-time employment position in our Charlotte, NC office location in which the Manager is an integral member of the Tax Department who provides leadership and management of our income tax compliance, reporting, and forecasting. The Manager will work closely with and report directly to the Director – Tax Research and Planning while providing support to the Domestic Compliance team.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Manages the preparation of the annual and quarterly Global income tax provision process for all the non- US legal entities. Will work closely with European and APAC tax teams as needed to address any local country tax issues, book-tax differences, local tax forecasting, as well as any tax research and analysis/planning associated with these functions.
- Assists the Director – Tax Research and Planning in the preparation of any quarterly and annual tax footnote disclosures.
- Assists the Director – Tax Research and Planning in the preparation of any quarterly and annual tax memorandums.
- Manages the preparation of foreign information returns (e.g. Forms 5471, 8858, 1118) and other forms as required.
- Calculates any quarterly and annual Subpart F income and 956 inclusions.
- Coordinates the collection of all foreign documentation in support of the U.S. federal income tax returns including but not limited to 1) all foreign income tax returns , 2) tax payments, etc. which are prepared locally by internal tax personnel or by local accounting firms.
- Manages the analysis and documentation of uncertain tax positions.
- Identifies process and efficiency improvement opportunities including but not limited to use of technology for data collection and analysis
- Assists both the Director – Tax Research and Planning and Senior Federal Tax Manager in the identification and implementation of domestic and foreign tax planning opportunities in an effort to minimize both GAAP and cash taxes.
- Assists the Director – Tax Research and Planning with analyzing the income tax impact and reporting requirements for special transactions, including acquisitions, restructuring and dispositions, i.e. 338 elections, check the box elections , GRA’s, etc.,
- Assists Director – Tax Research and Planning with any purchase price allocations.
- Assists the Director – Tax Research and Planning with analyzing the tax costs associated with any dividend repatriations.
- Assist the Director – Tax Research and Planning in the preparation of any annual Transfer Pricing documentation requirements.
- Assists the Director – Tax Research and Planning and Senior Federal Tax Manager with coordination of SOX reporting and controls, including working with tax and other finance personnel to update and maintain the tax department policies and procedures for all income tax processes.
- Monitors changes to US and foreign tax laws and regulations in order to determine the financial statement impact.
- Maintains positive working relationships with and when necessary provides support to other members of the finance and accounting department, legal department, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance
- CPA and/or Master’s Degree in Taxation a plus
- Minimum of 6-8 years of income tax experience(which includes 3-4 years of International tax work), preferably in a public accounting firm, with a proven knowledge of the following:
- Complex Federal and International tax concepts applicable to corporations
- ASC 740 preparation and analysis
- US tax reporting for international operations
- Experience with tax research software, i.e. CCH, BNA, etc.