Jr Network Administrator
Entry Level Network Architect
Data Network Engineer
This is a national networking company who is seeking a Jr Network Admin to join our team. Client builds and operates fiber-optic networks, carrier wireless networks, and offers a variety of IP and Ethernet solutions for our customers. Qualified candidates must demonstrate a broad knowledge of networking technologies, components, and protocols.
- Create network solutions based on written requirements or verbal communications
- Document network proposals and create a detailed bill of materials
- Evaluate and select appropriate network equipment and associated components
- Forecast equipment needs and creates budgets
- Evaluate, test, and propose new technology solutions
- Fundamental understanding of service provider IP / Ethernet networks and components.
- Network+ certifications or equivalent knowledge is required. Nice to have is a CCNA (Routing and Switching), CCNA (Service Provider) or CCDA
- Knowledge of fiber optic networks and components. FOA certification or equivalent knowledge is required.
- Familiar with MEF 2.0 services. Ability to program, deploy, and troubleshoot MEF 2.0 services on Ciena switches. Equivalent skills on other vendor platforms will be considered.
- Understand the function and use case of the following – OSPF, BGP, MPLS, L2 VPN, L3 VPN, 802.1ad, LAG, QoS, and Ethernet OAM.
- Microsoft Visio – must be able produce documentation to Conterra standards – VBA, MS Access (SQL), and MS Excel skills are desired.
- Ability to read and interpret GIS data generated by Google Earth, Mapcom, and Esri.
- Telcom experience is a plus