Legal Project Manager
Location : Rock Hill, SC
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : CRC_LPM
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5+ years
Required Education : Not specified
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Pharmaceutical
Job Description :
- Reputable manufacturer of specialty health products who are industry leaders in setting and adhering to high standards in manufacturing and quality control
- Company focuses on researching and developing products to promote consumer health and is highly regarded in the industry for their advancements in the medical space
SCOPE OF THE ROLE:
- This position includes traditional corporate administrative responsibilities for assisting attorneys with managing all stages of corporate legal matters and transactions. The scope of the position is very broad in that it also includes legal project management responsibilities as part of the company's focus on efficiencies in projects.
- Aspects of the job demand exceptional organizational and people skills as direct contact with attorneys, executives, and various departments will be a major aspect of the position
- Responsible for legal department project and case management, including but not limited to organizing and tracking projects and files to efficiently manage pending cases and deadlines, and reporting to and keeping attorneys informed throughout the process.
- Assist the legal department in preparing a diverse range of correspondence, complex agreements, pleadings, schedules, exhibits, and other necessary legal documents.
- Attend to significant amounts of administrative tasks, including filing, mailings, expense reports, travel arrangements, calendar scheduling, and related tasks.
- Assume responsibility for preparing and reviewing draft documents to confirm accuracy.
- Track contractual obligations and follow-up to ensure obligations are met, renewals are drafted in a timely manner, and contracts are in compliance with the law, regulations and company policies.
- Perform legal and factual research as needed.
- Create reports/spreadsheets summarizing voluminous amounts of data; maintain legal database
Required Qualifications :
THE BACKGROUND PROFILE:
- 5+ years of experience in a Project Management role with a legal focus
- Previous in-house corporate or law firm legal experience required.
- Proven work experience as a project administrator in a legal department.
- Thorough knowledge of legal principles and practices, research techniques, and legal terminology.
- Intellectual property and litigation experience a plus.
- Strong organizational skills, time management, and attention to detail.
- Analytical abilities and aptitude in problem-solving.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office with greater expertise in at least Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with WRIKE project management software and Lotus Notes a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a high volume of projects.
- Ability to adapt to factually dynamic legal issues.
- Ability to interact with all departments within the company and with outside counsel.
- Handle confidential information professionally and consistent with