We are currently recruiting for an awesome opportunity for recent college graduates looking for a career in logistics, international transportation and supply chain management!
Bachelor’s degree and Business Administration, transportation, supply chain management, international business is a plus and a MUST to be converted
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills (written & verbal with emphasis on listening); ability to prepare effective reports (brief yet including important elements)
- Organizational and Time management skills : multi-tasking and prioritizing, planning work activities efficiently to meet deadlines
- Result oriented
- Working knowledge of MS Office products, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook
Notes from the Management Team
- Process Orientated
- Highly skilled on analysis and deep dives
- Had the right tradeoffs between getting things done but still considering cost and customer impact
- Well Spoken
- Confident and highly skilled.
- Great excel/systems skills/expertise
- Great stakeholder management skills
- Looking for self-sufficient and independent candidates.
- We are looking for candidates that are used to joggling many issues at the same time and able to finish one and move onto the next quickly without having to get into the detail every time. Although then later reflect on the issues if they are seeing reoccurring issues in the processes.
- In this department interruptions are great and emails/phone calls vary daily.
- The more individuality the better – not looking for someone who gets supervisor/manager approval every time there is the slightest doubt.
- Seek info from colleagues or even “trial and error” is acceptable if the individual is very independent.
- Industry experience is nice but definitely not a must.
- Ensure that all store door import and export requirements are adhered to, including meeting and exceeding customer requirements and expectations, safety, documentation and regulatory requirements
- Serve as point of contact for escalations and deviations for Delivery and other ML business functions
- Serve as point of escalation to resolve customer queries/issues that the Chennai Delivery team is unable to resolve or close.
- Guide other business units to the correct point of entry for communications.
- Work closely and build a good relationship with all Delivery teams to ensure timely delivery of cargo and communication
- Service as point of escalation for vendors; ensure good working relationship with vendors and monitor vendor service, report trends to manager and relationship liaisons
- Co-own KPI’s and other measurements within Delivery and initiate any necessary action plans for improvement
- Provide updates, issues and concerns along with possible solutions to management
- Support business continuity by tracking and ensuring timely responses to all communications
- Cross-train with other team members to ensure business continuity in case of absences and continuous learning
- Ensure a good working relationship with customer service and other ML functions in order to deliver as we promised.
- Serve as super user for new / revised / enhanced systems and process roll outs per global standard
- Identifies and suggest opportunities for continuous improvements, and cost reductions
- Participate and contribute towards the ML operating system and SmartOps
- Responsible to assist dispatch team across entire assigned regions to ensure containers move on time and utilize optimized routings and costs.
- Supports cost savings and other change initiatives.
- Support business continuity
- Responsible for key customer management
- Responsible for 1st escalations, cargo movement and intermodal cost leadership
- $16 an hour
- M-F- 8-5, 9-6, 8:30-5:30