Maintenance Department Manager
Strong growth, industry leading manufacturer has an immediate opening for a Maintenance Manager. The Maintenance Manager is a high visibility position within a rapidly growing organization and is a part of the Plant's Strategic Leadership Team. You will coordinate the daily activities of the Maintenance/Reliability Department and any outside contractors performing maintenance/repair work.
Duties will include:
- Lead the plant's preventive and predictive maintenance programs.
- Coordinating and implementing maintenance safety and environmental compliance initiatives.
- Coordinates workers engaged in mechanical and electrical repair and maintenance of equipment, as well as transmission, distribution, and control equipment for the plant's machinery.
- Is responsible for the production equipment, preventive & predictive maintenance, and continuous improvement efforts for your team.
- Ensure maintenance activities are compliant with building codes, safety and environmental requirements.
- Identify what part of the plant’s facilities is in need of additional work and improvement.
- Provide assistance to Plant & Engineering Managers as needed.
- Installation of new equipment.
- Manages Maintenance & Reliability staff.
- Four-year degree in Engineering, Business, or a technical discipline a plus but can be offset by experience.
- Must have manufacturing plant maintenance experience in the chemical, agriculture, petrochemical, food ingredient or related industry.
- 4+ years of experience in a leadership role with manufacturing plant & equipment maintenance.
- Problem solving, troubleshooting, operation and supervision of preventative maintenance programs, and CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System) experience.
- You should have experience with plant & equipment electrical systems, mechanical systems, production lines, and facilities power systems.
- Experience in supervision of a plant maintenance department of 15+ technicians