Manages the upkeep of plant manufacturing equipment, building, grounds and janitorial duties. Keeps appearance of facility respectful and in accordance with all city, state and federal regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Serves as a key member of the plant safety steering committee.
- Continually monitors maintenance work orders and schedules repairs based on priority. Closes work orders upon completion.
- Establishes, administers and documents a preventive maintenance program that includes fluid level checks, belt wear, motor power loss, bearing fatigue, and fastener tightening in accordance with our equipment manufacturing manuals.
- Provides an environment that meets OSHA requirements.
- Makes purchasing decisions regarding maintenance repair within budgetary guidelines.
- Leads the plant TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) program and works closely with the value stream managers to monitor and improve equipment up time.
- Provides management with a list of equipment that is down or potentially a problem. Gives status of parts needed, costs of parts and expected date repairs will be completed.
- Reviews all areas of janitorial responsibility for cleanliness, upkeep and availability of supplies.
- Maintains heating, cooling and air supply systems in the plant for proper maintenance and efficiency.
- Recruits qualified personnel with respect to cost and references and monitors activities of all contracts pertaining to upkeep of facility and its HVAC systems.
- Continually monitors building and grounds for EPA infractions.
- Responsible for the repair and maintenance of all electronic plant equipment (computer numerical controls, numerical controls, drive packages, servo motors, programmable controllers and a variety of support equipment).
- Assists in trouble shooting and maintaining magnetics, motors, switches and plant utilities.
- Effectively analyzes equipment needs and prepares thorough justification for Capital Equipment.
- Participates in cost improvement programs and continuous improvement/kaizen events.
- Works closely with purchasing to support purchasing requisitions for equipment, tools and supplies.
Supervision of the Maintenance Department, currently 7 technician direct reports.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of a four-year degree in a related discipline is required
- Five years of maintenance leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
- Three years of hands-on experience in maintenance and repair of automated manufacturing machinery, focusing on controls and drives, diagnostic trouble shooting and electronic preventative maintenance
- Experience in manufacture of large industrial equipment preferred