Manufacturing Engineering Manager
This position oversees the manufacturing engineering activities which cover development and implementation of manufacturing processes to maintain product functionality, quality and cost efficiency. This position ensures the various engineering activities (manufacturing, process and industrial engineering) and production departments work together cohesively by providing good process control, product design, product life-cycle management, material workflow, people utilization, scheduling and capacity planning.
Essential duties include:
- Lead manufacturing engineering, tooling, maintenance, and related functions to provide input and technical support in product design and development process to assure manufacturability of new components and improvements to existing.
- Work with the Plant Manager, executes plant policies consistent with corporate policies and directs and supervises the application of such policies to the assigned manufacturing operations.
- Applies knowledge of processes, equipment, and system capability to set individual and facility standards.
- Provide direction, supervision, training, and development for direct reports, to include effectively recognizing and rewarding success and utilizing corrective and developmental coaching when appropriate;
- In conjunction with the Plant Manager – forecast equipment requirements, layout changes, and stay abreast of manufacturing technologies – by attending regional and national machine tool shows.
- Work with the quality team on corrective action.
- Ensures proper maintenance of plant and production facilities and machinery and equipment, including preventive maintenance program.
- Oversees the maintenance team and schedule preventive maintenance activity with the supervisor.
- Direct manufacturing, engineering, maintenance, and tooling.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Manufacturing or Engineering required.
- 7 + years related experience
- At least 2 years of supervisory experience; leading manufacturing
- Demonstrated manufacturing leadership ability in a complex manufacturing environment(s).
- Experience working with a tool shop, maintenance, and quality teams
- Previous experience in quality, safety, maintenance, and machine shop
- Lean manufacturing experience required.
- Strong project management.
- Automotive experience is strongly preferred