Manufacturing Process Engineer
Company & Summary:
Under the direction of the Plant Manager, the process improvement engineer will lead results oriented performance improvement using proven methodologies through Lean/Six Sigma tools.
This position will identify key opportunities and gaps in the core manufacturing process and ensure appropriate improvement methodologies; tools and techniques are leveraged to drive performance. This role is seen as a trusted advisor to the business, helping to set and realign priorities in regard to process improvement initiatives and has accountability for their continued success.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Develop new manufacturing process to improve productivity by using lean tools
- Map processes, identify and reduce sources of waste
- Work on cross-functional teams to develop and implement process improvements
- Ensure the appropriate key measures are tracked and visible within the plant to sustain the benefits achieved Drive variation reduction in the manufacturing processes
- Continually study the manufacturing process looking for quality improvement areas
- Drive improvements in material flow for the organization
- Develop procedures and standard work instructions for the production areas
- Serve as a resource throughout the plant to help solve problems and to improve manufacturing processes
- Engineering degree and minimum of six (6) years’ experience in the development of manufacturing process required.
- Lean/Six Sigma experience/knowledge.
- Proven ability to effectively lead and facilitate multi-disciplinary and cross-functional training is also required.
- Candidate must be results-oriented and have proven ability to conduct and interpret quantitative/qualitative analysis, and function with a high-level of self-direction.
- Proper knowledge of CI techniques (continuous improvement) and Lean manufacturing is necessary.
- Strong project mechanical aptitude.
- Comfortable using statistical software and MS Office products (Visio, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project).
- Able to work with different department head (R&D, Manufacturing, Operations, & Quality).