The Materials Scheduler will assist with managing all aspects of materials flow and to maintain control and accuracy over all goods inventories, including all transactions, procurement, planning, scheduling, cost, warehouse, receiving, and shipping to ensure that customer orders are fulfilled on time.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develops and analyzes lists of raw materials, purchased parts, equipment, and other items required to manufacture products: Reviews and evaluates engineering drawings and blueprints to estimate quantity and type of materials, parts, or other items required.
- Converts requirements to orders of conventional sizes and quantities, considering factors such as existing inventories, unavoidable waste, and kind of material to be used.
- Reviews material lists for conformance to company standard practices in regard to parts and materials used.
- Schedules deliveries based on production forecasts, material substitutions, storage and handling facilities, and maintenance requirements.
- Prepares or authorizes preparation of purchase requisitions.
- Estimates need to reorder supplies due to rejections and engineering changes during manufacturing cycle.
- Confers with purchasing, engineering, planning, and other personnel to exchange information regarding inventories, schedules, and related issues.
- Associate's Degree or equivalent work experience
- 2 years previous experience within manufacturing strongly preferred.
- SAP or ECC strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite - Intermediate/Advanced Excel required.
- Excellent interpersonal leadership, organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Effective business interpersonal communication skills, written and verbal.