Mechanical Design Engineer
· International manufacturer of industrial machinery and components
· Aggressive growth plan is creating additional opportunities to make an impact
· Outstanding reputation known for innovation and best in class solutions
· Customer base services multiple expanding markets
· Growing industrial manufacturing organization.
· The company has a focus on employee development & technology.
The Mechanical Design Engineer will be responsible for the complete design of mechanical systems for their custom machinery. Candidates must have working knowledge of machine components, hardware, fasteners, joining, welding, materials, pneumatics & hydraulics.
· Focus on new product development and also sustaining and improving existing product lines
· Work from customer specifications to develop 3D Models
· Develop all technical drawings and documentation
· Apply Design for Manufacturing techniques to improve manufacturing methods and reduce costs
· Estimate cost and submit bids for any work done by outside contractors
· Conduct risk assessments on new machines, or retrofits made to existing equipment
· Travel to customer sites to commission equipment and provide training to end users
3+ years’ experience in a design within a manufacturing organization
Custom equipment/machinery experience is highly preferred
Must have the ability to handle multiple projects at once
Strong experience with 3D CAD (SolidWorks, Inventor, ProE)
Must have proven track record of stability
4 year Engineering Degree required