Mechanical Design Engineer
Location : Gastonia, NC
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : TGJ_MDE
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3+
Required Education : 2 or 4 Year Technical Degree
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- North American Manufacturing company with over 50 years of experience.
- Mechanical Design Engineer is needed to keep up with the demand of their growing business.
- Top notch manufacturing facility in the Gastonia, NC area facility.
- Experience the satisfaction and stability that comes with working for a world leading organization.
- Ability to grow professionally and advance in the organization.
- pioneers new technologies, product refinements and support systems that pay off in improved productivity keeping their large customer base returning for the best service and products.
- Provides mechanical design and support for all aspects of the organizations product line to ensure functionality, quality, cost, and schedule.
- Design layout, assembly drawings, engineering change orders, and bill of materials. Will assist in the design of new product and special projects.
- Provide engineering assistance to sales, service, and manufacturing departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Complete detail and layout drawings from verbal and written instructions for complex products or equipment.
Design and develop new models, mechanisms, or adaptations for a particular product or application.
Work on and monitor product design within the schedule and budget parameters.
Determine and establish specifications through engineering calculators, layouts, and testing.
Coordinate resources - deal with vendors.
Required Qualifications :
- 3 + Years of engineering design experience in an industrial manufacturing setting
- Basic familiarity with machine tools
- Experience with Sheet Metal Design
- Bill-of-Materials, Assemblies, and GD&T exposure
- Proficient with 3D CAD Software (ProE, AutoDesk,or SolidWorks)
- Knowledge of equipment, capabilities, application techniques, and design limitations
- Ability to travel to visit vendors, customers, and facilities (max 15%)