Location : Hickory, NC
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : TGJ_MD
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 1+
Required Education : 2 year technical degree
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Leading producer of components that support some of the world’s most high-tech organizations and industries.
- Engineering-focused organization who puts an emphasis on delivering best-in-class products that exceed customer’s expectations.
- Company has experienced tremendous growth over the past few years and has recently moved in to a brand-new facility.
- Exceptional benefits including comprehensive medical/dental/vision for employees and dependents, 401K with strong company match, short term and long-term disability, and every employee is bonus eligible.
THE SCOPE OF THE ROLE:
- Collaborate with Senior Engineers to develop 3D models of products and equipment using Autodesk Inventor.
- Work with Applications/Sales and customers to develop concept models.
- Develop 2D drawings for manufacturing and create and maintain BOMs.
- Provide engineering support for Production/Manufacturing.
- Work directly with contract manufacturers to improve manufacturability of products.
- Hands-on work inspecting and measuring products using calipers, micrometers, gauges, etc.
Required Qualifications :
THE BACKGROUND PROFILE:
- 2+ years’ of design experience in a manufacturing environment preferred. Will consider recent graduates with strong internship experience.
- Must be proficient in 3D CAD; Inventor, SolidWorks, CREO.
- Must have the ability to creating manufacturing drawings. Experience with GD&T strongly preferred.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills required.
- 2 years technical degree required. 4 year Engineering Degree preferred.