Location : Mooresville, NC
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : TJ_ME
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5 plus years
Required Education : BSME
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
Global manufacturing company in Charlotte,NC has an immediate need for a Product Engineer.
- Design and develop new products, as well as continuous improvement of existing product lines.
- Develop prototypes of new designs and provide documented test procedures for design verification.
- Assist in developing and implementing initiatives for improving the efficiency of the engineering and new product development processes.
- Develop and perform testing procedures, as well as write reports for product validation and failure analysis purposes.
- Develop and maintain the bills of materials
- Collaborate with Manufacturing team to drive Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Assisting the marketing and sales departments to develop, test, refine and customize new products, training and developing support staff, and utilize lean design techniques to keep design costs balanced with safety and quality guidelines.
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering required.
- 5+ years' experience in a manufacturing environment.
- High level of proficiency with 3D Modeling
- Lean Manufacturing and Lean Design environment.
- Demonstrated use of Design for Manufacturing,
- Strong understanding of manufacturing/fabrication processes strongly desired.