Mechanical Project Engineer
A leading global industrial manufacturer with their US HQ here in South Charlotte area is looking for a Project Engineer/Designer to join their growing organization. This client has been steadily expanding over the past decade and has recently begun investing heavily in North America. This influx of capital has rejuvenated the employees and allowed them to add a number of new members to the team.
The Mechanical Project Engineer is a hands-on engineer who works with customer, sales, and the Corporate HQ on new product design, customization, and problem solving. Coordinate the interaction between departments to ensure the equipment proceeds on time and on budget.
- Develop new product concepts and technology that meet customer needs
- Assist with business case for unproven product concept/technology
- Help lead mechanical design stage
- Control the project from the start through installation at the customer’s site and serve as the key customer contact for technical questions when needed
- Track changes and maintain a revision summary
- Ensure project is compatible with the engineering specs, review proposal.
- Accountable for all aspects of the project including; delivery, schedule, performance to budget, etc.
- Conduct regular project meetings with both in-house personnel and with the customer and record and distribute the minutes for these meetings in the prescribed form
- Assist with development schedule of all project phases and milestones, track schedules and initiate corrective action through the department managers and supervisors
- Follow all procedures and work instructions as defined in the ISO 9001 Quality Management System.
- Supervises a team of engineers, designers and technicians in executing projects in his/her portfolio.
- Provides project and technical direction.
- Know and understands business dynamics and plans commercial discussions and shop releases accordingly.
- BS degree in engineering or related field required.
- 3+ years’ experience in mechanical design and manufacturing
- Must have hands-on mechanical knowledge and be comfortable troubleshooting industrial equipment
- Strong project management skills, budgeting, quoting, and critical thinking
- Experience with 3D CAD Modeling, BOMs, and GD&T preferred
- Ability to communicate with different departments of the organization
- Strong background in manufacturing, fabrication, and purchasing
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suites
- Experience dealing with vendors a plus
- Ability to travel up to 25% to customer sites, along with travel at their European HQ