Millwork Design Engineer
· High-growth manufacturing of custom millwork for commercial, large residential, institutional, medical, and government projects.
· Excellent work-life balance, competitive salary/bonus, comprehensive benefits offering, and tightly knit company culture that is second to none.
· Ability to join an up-and-coming organization in its infancy stages and grow professionally with the organization.
LOCATION: Norcross, GA (relocation available)
· Utilize AutoCAD and Microvellum to create detailed and accurate manufacturing drawings from architectural plans and specifications.
· Generate g-code in Xialog and transfer files to the CNC.
· Read and understand architectural documents, including the ability to determine the millwork scope requirements.
· Draft and layout graphic designs, using AutoCad computer software, Microvellum knowledge is a plus, laser scanners, and architect scales.
· Perform field measurements using strong mathematical skills.
· Recommend materials and products to clients.
· Procurement of lighting, appliances, windows, paint, drywall, doorways, counter tops, and other furnishings.
· Convey important design ideas and instructions to both contractors and customers to get the project done in a timely manner.
· Create new drawings from architectural drawings for client approval.
· Communicate with other departments.
· 1+ years of prior woodworking or millwork experience strongly preferred
· Bachelor's degree in design preferred OR 2 years of experience with an associate's degree/ certificate of completion from a school of design
· Experience with Microvellum required
· Must have a sharp and creative eye for details, along with the ability to take a verbal request and transpose it graphically and visually.
· Understanding of standard building construction methods
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (especially Microsoft Excel)