Location : Charlotte, NC
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : NickWadkins-NWA9
Compensation : 75000.00 - 110000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Information Technology
Job Description :
- Knowledge of capabilities and applications of network equipment including hubs, routers, switches, bridges, servers, transmission media, and related hardware.
- Knowledge of common network tools (e.g., ping, traceroute, nslookup, etc.).
- Knowledge of communication methods, principles, and concepts (e.g., crypto, etc.) that support the network infrastructure.
- Knowledge of different types of network communication (e.g., LAN, WAN, MAN, WLAN, WWAN, etc.).
- Possess experience in IT security principles and methods, such as firewalls, demilitarized zones, and encryption.
- Possess experience in local area and wide area networking principles and concepts including bandwidth management.
- Possess experience in measures or indicators of system performance and availability.· Knowledge of network systems management principles, models, methods (e.g., end-to-end systems performance monitoring), and tools.
- Knowledge of organization's LAN/WAN pathways.
- Possess experience in systems engineering theories, concepts, and methods.
- Knowledge of capabilities of different electronic communication systems and methods (e.g., e-mail, VOIP, IM, web forums, Direct Video Broadcasts).
- Knowledge of common attack vectors on the network layer.
- Knowledge of range of existing networks (e.g., PBX, LANs, WANs, WIFI, SCADA).
- Transmission methods (e.g., Bluetooth, RFID, IR, Wi-Fi, paging, cellular, satellite dishes, etc.) and jamming techniques that enable transmission of information or prevent installed systems from operating correctly.
- Knowledge of Voice over IP (VoIP).
- Knowledge of VPN security.
- Knowledge of web filtering technologies.
- Knowledge of Wi-Fi.
- Possess experience in analyzing network traffic capacity and performance characteristics.
- Possess experience in configuring and utilizing hardware-based computer protection components (e.g., hardware firewalls, servers, routers, as appropriate).
- Possess experience in configuring and utilizing network protection components (e.g., Firewalls, VPNs, network intrusion detection systems).
- Knowledge of developing, testing, and implementing network infrastructure contingency and recovery plans.
- Possess experience in establishing a routing schema.
- Knowledge of implementing, maintaining, and improving established network security practices
- Knowledge of installing, configuring, and troubleshooting LAN and WAN components such as routers, hubs, and switches.
- Possess experience in protecting a network against malware.
- Knowledge of securing network communications.
- Possess experience in utilizing network management tools to analyze network traffic patterns (e.g., simple network management protocol).
- Possess experience in utilizing sub-netting tools.
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent and 3-5 years of general IT / IS experience.
- Six (6) years of general experience is considered equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree.
- Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA) & Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) are required.