Location : Charlotte, NC
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : Network Engineer
Compensation : 90000.00 - 115000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Information Technology
Job Description :
- Oversight and day to day management of existing Cisco network infrastructure, including but not limited to Cisco routers, switches, and wireless infrastructure).
- Collaborates with network staff to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Works with executive team members, decision makers, and stakeholders to define business requirements and systems goals, and to identify and resolve business systems issues.
- In doing this, the Network Engineer will stay 18-24 months ahead of critical support issues (End-of-Sale, End-of-Support, End-of-Life) by providing timely reports to management of all network related equipment and its supportability status (through implementation of an accurate and well maintained Configuration Management Database).
- Assists with key team members to maintain company LANs, WANs, and wireless networks, including routers, hubs, switches, UPSs, wireless infrastructure, and other systems. Such maintenance includes monitoring, code upgrades (operating system, firmware etc.), post-incident review and root-cause-analysis.
- Changes configuration of routers, switches, wireless infrastructure, and network devices in consultation with the Network Manager (who is responsible to peer review all changes using Change Management processes).
- Conducts research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
- Position will encompass both project based assignments as well as day to day maintenance/ management/ troubleshooting of system
Required Qualifications :
- At least four 5 years of complex network engineering and 7 Cisco networking experience.
- Experience working with Cisco IOS, routing/switching, Cisco WLAN.
- Experience working with Cisco technologies and applications including VoIP.
- Experience with and ability to design complex and highly effective customized QoS policies.
- In-depth knowledge of VLANs, high availability options for networking, QoS, ACLs, and 802.1x implementations.
- (Desirable) Experience with server Platforms, up to and including Microsoft Server, AIX, Linux and Citrix Platforms
- (Desirable) Experience with Cisco ISE on both Ethernet and WiFi